Regional Workshops & On-Going Support for Classroom Teachers
- eduSTAR software for Windows and Mac
- eduSTAR web resources – eduSTAR Catalogue and Office 365
- Apps for iPads
- Blogging software for schools in the form of Global2
- Quality assured digital resources in FUSE
- Video conferencing resources and support
- And much, much more…
The Information Technology Division and Digital Learning Branch of DEECD will be facilitating a series of hands-on half-day workshops for classroom teachers in each Region throughout Terms 3 and 4. The half-day workshops will explore how the DEECD eduSTAR software, tablet apps, online resources and tools available at your school can support your students learning.
What are the aims of the ‘Digital Learning in the Classroom’ workshops?
- To enable classroom teachers to explore DEECD eduSTAR software, apps, tools and resources available to them and plan how they could be used to provide differentiated learning activities for students
- Develop basic hands-on skills and confidence in using a variety of DEECD software, tools, apps and online resources such as FUSE, Global2 (blogging) and video-conferencing
- Address any issues participants may have with using digital technologies at their school
- Provide participants with resources and exemplars that can be used back in the classroom.
On-going support provided after the workshop?
- The eduSTAR Project Officer running the workshop will be happy to follow-up and support participants and their schools following the workshop
- Follow-up support could include school visits, online support, technical support and general advice where required.
Who should attend?
- Classroom teachers
- Curriculum coordinators
- ICT coordinators
No prior experience with learning technologies is assumed.
What are the expectations of participants?
- Participate in the workshop and provide feedback so we can support your needs.
- Provide further feedback after the workshop so we can evaluate the impact and support your school.
To register for a workshop, or to view additional workshops in each Region as they are added, head to the following FUSE link: https://fuse.education.vic.gov.au/?SRXM9G