Tues 5 Sept 2017, 2-2.40pm
Thurs 7 Sept 9.30-10.10am
Years 4, 5 and 6 students.
Trainer: Greg Gebhart
The presentation supports National Child Protection Week as it will assist students to:
- identify ways that strangers may try to seek personal information online
- use safe strategies when gaming to avoid cyberbullying or unwanted contact
- recognise the implications of in-app purchases
- seek support if they are experiencing cyberbullying or feel unsafe when gaming.The presentation will be a guided experience for classrooms with complementary resources aligned to the theme. Other related resources are available from our website.
- After the presentation, teachers are encouraged to complete a brief feedback survey.
- With the help of classroom teachers, the presentation will feature interactive questions and discussions.
- Virtual Classrooms have now been presented to over 110,000 students and teachers as an increasingly popular part of the Office’s Outreach program.
- Other Virtual Classroom topics on offer include:
‘Cyberbullying’, ‘Making good choices online’, ‘Communicating online’, ‘Secret security business’, ‘The internet and the law’
Connect with the Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner
Media enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org 1800 880 176
Stay up to date: Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter Cyberzine.