First Day Q&A Webinar with Evie MacDonald & Julie Kalceff
Department led sessions
VCAA Coding and STEM
ICT Planning Workshops
These full-day workshops walk school leaders through the process of developing a long-term school ICT Plan. It will address the Learning and Teaching goals of the school, ensuring that it is sustainable and meets the needs of the school community and ensures a coherent team approach to ICT planning involving school leaders, ICT co-ordinators, curriculum co-ordinators and technical support staff.
Ballarat – Tuesday March 19th 2019
Flemington – Tuesday March 26th 2019
Bendigo – Friday March 29th 2019
“Next Steps” Workshops
These full-day workshops target school leaders familiar with the ICT Planning Tool and resources and are seeking to take the next steps in understanding the ICT planning and management cycle.
Ballarat – Wednesday March 20th 2019
Flemington – Wednesday March 27th 2019
Bring these organsiations into your classroom:
- Zoo’s Victoria
- Citizen Science
- Museums Victoria
- Schools in Indonesia
Find more virtual classroom opportunities at the Learners Voice to Virtual Learning Page.
The Department of Education and Training works Office of the eSafety Commissioner to offer a range of free Virtual Classrooms. Using webinar learning, Virtual Classrooms allow an Outreach trainer to reach many schools, even in remote areas.
Classroom resources for Primary and Secondary schools are also available.
Dates for 2019 Professional Learning coming soon.
Strategic partner led sessions
Digital Technologies Curriculum
Digital Technologies in Literacy and Mathematics
Many teachers are feeling pressure to fit the new DigiTech curriculum into their busy days. This session will help you see logical links where Digitech concepts and skills can enhance other subject areas and vice versa.
Suitable for teachers from year F-8
Click here for more information
Museums Victoria – Scienceworks, 2 Booker Street, Spotswood, VIC 3015
Train the Trainer
This free online course is aimed at all educators wishing to gain the knowledge and skills to successfully design and deliver effective professional development with Adobe tools. Explore the importance of creativity in education and apply adult learning theory best practices in your own training using Adobe tools.
Google for Education
Dates for 2019 professional learning coming soon.
Microsoft including Minecraft
MS Edu Meet
A day of learning, inspiration and play, run by teachers, for teachers. Explore the full suite of Microsoft Technologies that can be utilised in the classroom and get an insight in to the amazing work that educators are doing in their classrooms with Microsoft Education technologies. Conclude with a series of hands-on challenges to familiarise yourself with tools that you can impliment into your own classrooms.
Monday, 25th March 2019 | 9:00am-3:00pm
Microsoft Melbourne, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
Click here for more information and to register
Build a Collaborative Classroom with Office 365
This free workshop is aimed at educators for whom Office 365 is relatively new and who are looking to implement solutions to classroom problems right away.
- Thursday 23rd May 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Thursday 1st August 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Thursday 17th October 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
Minecraft Teacher Starter Academy
Participants will engage in immersive learning activities that will build a strong understanding of how Minecraft: Education Edition can improve instruction and meet the learning needs of students.
- Thursday 4th April 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Thursday 30th May 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Wednesday 21st August 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Wednesday 30th October 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
The Inclusive Classroom
This free workshop is aimed educators who would like to see how Windows 10 and Office 365 can transform their students’ educational experience and personalise learning.
- Tuesday 30th April 9am- 1pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Wednesday 4th September 9am- 1pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Thursday 7th November 9am- 1pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Trainer Academy (2 days)
The goal of The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Trainer Academy is to provide trainers exposure to the many Microsoft technologies and resources that support student-centered learning based on authentic problems and projects while aligning to the ISTE Standards for Coaches.
- Thursday 9th & Friday 10th May 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Monday 2nd & Tuesday 3rd December 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
Discover OneNote & Teams for Education
The new classroom experiences in Microsoft OneNote and Teams for Education help teachers manage their daily workflow more easily than ever before.
- Thursday 16th May 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Tuesday 25th June 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Thursday 12th September 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Thursday 14th November 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority is working with DATTA Vic to deliver free professional learning for Systems Engineering teachers in regional Victoria on the Wolfram SystemModeler program.
Session 1 – Monday 25 March
Session 2 – Tuesday 30 April
9.30am – 3pm | Bendigo Tech School | Edwards Road, Flora Hill, VIC
To register and for more information click here
Australian Children's Television Foundation
First Day Q&A Webinar with Evie MacDonald & Julie Kalceff
Upper primary and secondary students from around Australia are invited to participate in a live Q&A session with First Day director Julie Kalceff and Evie MacDonald, who plays the lead role of Hannah. In this unique virtual learning event, participants can ask Evie and Julie about their ground-breaking short film First Day,and its themes of transition, diversity, identity, resilience and inclusivity.
Thursday, 28 March 2019
My Place Short Story Competition: Term 3
Year 3-6 primary students from across Australia will be asked to submit a short, imaginative writing piece on a fictional character they believe could live in the My Place house in 2019. The competition will have two categories: Years 3 and 4 (up to 500 words), and Years 5 and 6 (up to 1000 words)
More details TBA
Little Lunch App Competition: Term Three / Term Four
The Little Lunch App Competition invites students from years 3-6 to submit short films they have created with the free Little Lunch App. Participating classes generally view and analyse episodes of the hilarious school-based mockumentary series as a starting point, and then work in groups to plan, script and film their own little lunch story.
Entry dates TBA