Professional Learning Sessions
Digital Technologies Curriculum
Digital Technologies in Literacy and Mathematics
Suitable for teachers from year F-8, Click here for more information at Scienceworks
ACA Digital Technologies Workshop – Coburg
ICT Planning Workshops
Microsoft including Minecraft
Build a Collaborative Classroom with Office 365
This free workshop is aimed at educators for whom Office 365 is relatively new and who are looking to implement solutions to classroom problems right away.
- Thursday 1st August 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Thursday 17th October 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
Minecraft Teacher Starter Academy
Participants will engage in immersive learning activities that will build a strong understanding of how Minecraft: Education Edition can improve instruction and meet the learning needs of students.
- Wednesday 21st August 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Wednesday 30th October 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
The Inclusive Classroom
This free workshop is aimed educators who would like to see how Windows 10 and Office 365 can transform their students’ educational experience and personalise learning.
- Wednesday 4th September 9am- 1pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Thursday 7th November 9am- 1pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Trainer Academy (2 days)
The goal of The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Trainer Academy is to provide trainers exposure to the many Microsoft technologies and resources that support student-centered learning based on authentic problems and projects while aligning to the ISTE Standards for Coaches.
- Monday 2nd & Tuesday 3rd December 9am- 3pm Microsoft, Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place, Southbank, VIC 3006
Discover OneNote & Teams for Education
The new classroom experiences in Microsoft OneNote and Teams for Education help teachers manage their daily workflow more easily than ever before.
Google for Education
Find virtual excursions for your classes to join and professional development opportunities for teachers at http://lv2vl.global2.vic.edu.au/
Australian Children's Television Foundation
Year 3-6 primary students from across Australia will be asked to submit a short, imaginative writing piece on a fictional character they believe could live in the My Place house in 2019. The competition will have two categories: Years 3 and 4 (up to 500 words), and Years 5 and 6 (up to 1000 words)
More details TBA
Little Lunch App Competition: Term Three / Term Four
The Little Lunch App Competition invites students from years 3-6 to submit short films they have created with the free Little Lunch App. Participating classes generally view and analyse episodes of the hilarious school-based mockumentary series as a starting point, and then work in groups to plan, script and film their own little lunch story.
Entry dates TBA