The Digitech Conference will be held on Friday 8 November at Carrum Primary School. This Conference is designed as an interactive “kids teaching kids” program for students and teachers. Each school can send 1-2 teachers and between 4-8 students.
At Digitech 2019, students and teachers will:
- be inspired by Student Keynote Addresses on App & Game Development
- experience ‘hands on’ action in a variety of workshops conducted by students, showcasing great Digitech activities. Workshop sessions include: Drone Programming, Swift Playgrounds, Ozobots, Scratch Gaming, Microbit action, Game Maker, Airblock, VEX Robots, Mindstorms EV3 programming, Sphero Chariot Races, Derby Track vehicle construction, Augmented Reality Workshops, Minecraft in Education – City X Project, App Lab – App Making, Animation Making in Animation Desk, 3D Designing in Sketch Up, Green Screen, Podcasting ‘How To’, Internet Radio Broadcasting, Makerspace Arcade and many more!
- access teacher PD hosted by Apple on ‘Coding & App Dev on iPads’ and ‘VR & AR in the Classroom’.
There are two student competitions (with prizes!):
- ‘Robots Alive’: Program a robot to dance in a 1.5m x 1.5m space for 1 minute
- ‘Design A Game’: Code a playable game using SCRATCH, Minecraft or any other game code builder.
Digitech Conference 2019 is a FREE event for schools, developed by the Northern Peninsula Digital Technology Teacher & Student Network.
Find out more
- To register your school for the 2019 Conference, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your school name and the number of teachers/students who would like to attend by 1 November 2019.
- For more information, please contact Marcus Mulcahy at Carrum Primary School on email@example.com