A new school located in Torquay, Surf Coast Secondary College is a community of life-long learners that are committed to providing ongoing, relevant and timely professional learning for our staff that improves our knowledge and practice in addressing students’ needs.
The professional learning sessions listed below are run by staff members at Surf Coast Secondary College who are exemplary practitioners in the areas of expertise outlined, and who are excited to share their journey and knowledge with colleagues from other educational institutions.
The sessions provide a valuable opportunity to find out more about contemporary learning practices through five different sessions:
- What pedagogy really works in a flexible learning space?
Wednesday August 26 9am to 3pm
- Using iPads to make student thinking transparent
Thursday September 17 9am to 12pm
- Using the Solo Taxonomy to scaffold deep learning in classrooms
Thursday September 3 9am to 12pm
- Learning analytics and how data can be used to inform teaching and build student independence.
Wednesday September 9 9am to 12pm
- Data collection and analysis tools for the contemporary classroom
Wednesday September 9 1pm – 4pm
Download this form to find out more and register:
or visiting www.scsc.pdplace.weebly.com
For more information or general inquiries, contact Erin Weightman on 52616633 or