From next week, DET is offering two free professional learning opportunities, ‘Implementing a 1-to-1 Program in your School’ and ‘International Classroom telecommunications with South Korea: emerging research’ (via Polycom and MSLYNC).
Implementing a 1-to-1 program in your school
These forums are for school leaders, ICT and Curriculum Co-ordinators to provide practical advice and guidance to implement a successful 1-to-1 program. Register for one of these sessions using the Eventbrite links below.
Topics covered will include:
- Examples of 1-to-1 models including school owned Bring Your Own Device and co- contribution
- Information about the Personal Devices – Parent Payments and Access Policy, which can be accessed here
- Aspects to consider when planning your 1-to-1 program
- School stories outlining examples of how the 1-to-1 program has been implemented
- Access to a suite of resources to support your 1-to-1 program, including a 1-to-1 planning guide which can be accessed here
- Discover DET resources to support 1-to-1 programs.
Dates (all sessions run from 2:30pm to 4:30pm)
- 9th November 2015 at Jan Lake Centre, Moorabbin Register for this session.
- 11th November 2015 at Melba College Senior Campus, Croydon Register here for this session.
- 16th November 2015 at Eaglehawk Secondary College, Bendigo Register for this session.
- 24th November 2015 at Northern Bay College, Geelong Register for this session.
- 25th November 2015 at Bastow Institute, North Melbourne Register for this session (Please note that you can attend this session via Polycom/Video Conference if you are unable to attend face to face.)
Cost: no cost
For more information contact regarding these sessions contact Alistair Bishop on 9637 2193 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Classroom telecommunications with South Korea: emerging research
Date: Monday 9th November Time: 3.45 pm – 5 pm via Polycom or MSLYNC (access details below)
‘International Classroom telecommunications with South Korea: emerging research’ presents a great opportunity for Educators to gain a basic introduction to the Republic of South Korea’s education system. You will hear about research being conducted into school partnership links via telecommunications (synchronous and asynchronous) and how such curriculum sharing impacts on cultural and language learning in particular. Work with the USA and the DET Global LYNC project will also be explored. Participants will have opportunities to interact and ask questions during this presentation.
Who should attend?
- Teachers & Principals interested in global classrooms and what they offer our students
- Administrators interested in sister school partnerships using telecommunications
- Schools wanting to address linking to Asia – Australian Curriculum Standards
- Anyone interested in understanding more about the Korean education system
Cost: no cost
Register for this presentation at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hEHy2m19rBuBg11TcOCv_gBiEGWr63GwdnMN9oGCqeI/edit?usp=sharing
Connect to this meeting using one of several methods:
- Connecting from inside the eduSTAR School or CoMET videoconference network
- Connect using the Polycom videoconferencing unit – Enter the conference number into the unit using the remote control: Videoconference Number: 6117632
- Connect from your computer using Microsoft Lync: Join the meeting using Microsoft Lync
- Connecting from outside the eduSTAR School or CoMET videoconference networks
If your videoconferencing unit supports making IP (H.323) calls, dial conference IP number:
Using a Polycom unit: 22.214.171.124##6117632 or
Using a non Polycom unit: 6117632126.96.36.199