In 2015, Google Australia is partnering to support the national rollout of Code.org’s global Hour of Code campaign. The Hour of Code is an introduction to computer science designed to show that anyone can learn the basics. The Hour of Code is self paced and requires no experience from teachers and students. All resources are provided for you online.
Whilst the official Hour of Code week is Computer Science Education Week (December 7-13) you can run an Hour of Code anytime, from now until late December. Perfect for an end of school activity or break-up event!
What to do
1. Ask your Principal to host an Hour of Code event.
2. Register to attend the FREE Hour of Code Online Information Session on 26th November, 2015 , 4:00pm – 5:00pm ACTD at http://tinyurl.com/qfh2kfq. The information session will provide:
● an overview about the Hour of Code,
● why you should host an Hour of Code,
● what event organisation is involved
● activities for different year levels
● advice & tips from previous Hour of Code hosts,
● and how you can register & get started!
3. Join us to be part of the largest learning event in history. No experience needed from teachers or students.
Start now by going to https://hourofcode.com/au