Throughout term 4 all DET schools and teachers across Victoria are receiving access to hardware and software through the Cisco Webex Platform. This innovative virtual learning platform will provide online tools to connect learners, encourage enrichment opportunities, support collaboration and strengthen practice excellence, build collaboration across schools, support participation in communities of practice and enhance professional development opportunities.
As part of the adoption strategy, free professional development is available and teachers are encouraged to attend either a face to face or online ‘skill up’ session.
These workshops are designed specifically for educators and focus on how to apply virtual conferencing technology across different learning areas inside and outside of the classroom. Through the Webex Teams Application, Webex Boards and Room Systems, participants will learn how the technology can virtually connect educators and students.
At the end of the workshop, educators will gain:
- Confidence in using the technology to improve the way they work in both physical and virtual learning environments.
- Understanding of how the technology can encourage student team work.
- Enhanced ability to apply to professional development, teacher training and learning.
- Greater understanding of the features and functions that support virtual learning.
- Clear understanding of the ongoing support available to assist with adoption of virtual learning.
For further information and to register for these professional development opportunities please click here