Wodonga Senior Secondary College is pleased to host the 3rd annual conference dedicated to supporting regional educators in the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths). https://regionalstem.org.au/event/regional-stem-conference-2017/
When: 9.00am to 3.30pm, Wednesday December 13th, 2017
Where: Wodonga Senior Secondary College, 80 Brockley Street, Wodonga
Audience: Teachers of Science, Digital Technologies, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Environmental Science, Physics, Psychology and Systems Engineering
What is on offer? High quality professional development and networking focussed on the individual disciplines of science, technology, engineering, mathematics as well as their incorporation into integrated STEM learning from Foundation through to Year 12.
Who should attend? This conference is targeted at teachers of science, technology, engineering and mathematics in regional Australia. As it is hosted in Wodonga the key audience is those in the North East of Victoria and the Southern Riverina of New South Wales.
Cost: Early bird registration is $50 per person and is open until November 14th. Registrations after this date will be at the full price of $70 per person. This includes morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea.
Program: The program features 60 minute workshops, networking, and plenary sessions, including:
- Primary STEM – why is it important at your school, and how can it be assessed? Maria James, Science Curriculum Manager, VCAA.
- Secondary STEM – why is it important at your school, and how can it be assessed? Maria James, Science Curriculum Manager, VCAA.
- Digital Technologies: Unpacking the Curriculum. Owen Brasier, Computing Education Specialist, Australian Computing Academy.
- Using Games, Simulations and Analogue Models to Demonstrate Nanoscopic and Digital Processes. Dr. Dianne Ruka, Senior Education & Training Coordinator, ARC Centre of Excellence in Future Low-Energy Electronics Technologies
- Interactive Notebooks in Maths and Science. Sarah Laidlaw, Wodonga Middle Years College.
- Getting STEAMD – Bringing Art and design into STEM! Patricia Broom, Principal, Beechworth Secondary College.
- Supranature – Where STEM meets Montessori. Laureen Barnard, Beechworth Secondary College.
- Breakout EDU: Utilise the new Breakout Room craze to gamify your classroom. Valerie Ratcliff, Victory Lutheran College Wodonga
- The importance of failure and creativity in STEM. Michael Rosenbrock, Wodonga Senior Secondary College.
- Putting the S back into STEM/STEAM. Doug Bail, Ciderhouse.
- Mathematica: Beyond Computation. Rohan Barry and Ian Berryman, Wodonga Senior Secondary College.
- Block-based programming for classroom robotics: Drones, Spheros, Ozobots. Brendan Freeman, Baranduda Primary School.
- Bringing STEM to the zombie apocalypse. Stephen Alderton and Kate O’Neil, Wodonga Senior Secondary College.
- Simple Circuits in the Victorian Curriculum. Britt Gow, Hawkesdale P-12 College.
- Introduction to Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Britt Gow, Hawkesdale P-12 College.
- STEM Beyond the Acronym. Michelle Heintze, Wodonga Senior Secondary College.
Registration: Register your attendance via the website as soon as possible to secure your place. https://goo.gl/forms/JIasOEfQaJ3vqYYV2