We are excited to announce that SketchUp Pro is now available to Victorian government schools. SketchUp (free version) has been a widely used CAD application across both primary and secondary DET schools for many years.
SketchUp Pro is a commercial software used by architects, designers, builders, makers and engineers. It can assist with the earliest stages of design to the end of construction. Programming, diagramming, design development, detailing, and documentation.
The benefits of Sketch Up free include interaction with Google Maps and the ability to sample models from the free online repository. Sketch up Pro offers even more benefits, including:
- layouts and options to convert your drawings to 2D presentations
- importing and exporting to/from 2D and 3D CAD applications, which are limited by SketchUp free
- additional functionality such as hydraulics and smart scaling
- the inclusion of a wide range of industry standard 3D printing solutions, and more.
To access SketchUp Pro, you can either:
- download* from https://www.edustar.vic.edu.au/Catalogue/Pages/Sketchup_ProBYOD.aspx, or
- browse* from the eduSTAR software catalogue front page at www.edustar.vic.edu.au
* NB – students must be registered through the eduPass system by their school’s technician to enable access to SketchUp Pro.