Guest blogger: Rob Malpeli
Peak Phys Ed organised and hosted a Health & Physical Education ICT Conference on Thursday 22nd August at the Manningham Function Centre (Doncaster) Over 100 delegates from Swan Hill to Stawell representing all education sectors engaged in an amazing day with educational leaders, practitioners and DEECD representatives.
Rob Malpeli & Amanda Telford, who formed Peak Phys Ed had been planning this conference for over 9 months and have surveyed teachers as to what they wanted in the ever growing area of eLearning and ICT. As a consequence they were able to tailor electives to suit teacher requests and needs, of which the top 4 were:
- an ability to use ICT to facilitate personalised learning
- “hands-on” practice with educational programs that encourage learning
- more than a collection of apps, and more about ICT teaching strategies
- Within the SAMR Model, examples of how ICT can assist task design and redesign
Some links from the day:
- Keynote presentation – Leanne Compton
- ICT and the Classroom – Rebecca Westwood (some sections are password protected)
- Nerdy Phys-Eder – Michael Ha
- Making ICT integral to your HPE class / iTunes U – Leanne Compton and Sandi Phillips
- Zones of Learning – Colin Edwards
|What tools were being shared?